Applying For Your Pension

Married Participants

If you are married when you apply for your Pension Plan benefit, you and your spouse have a 90-day period to reject the Joint & Survivor Pension and elect the optional form of payment as described in the Forms of Payment section of this SPD. In order to reject this form of pension, you must return the waiver and election forms, along with the notarized spousal consent form (if applicable) prior to your benefits starting date. During this period, you and your spouse may also revoke a rejection or file a new rejection at any time. Note that once a Joint & Survivor Pension becomes payable, it cannot be revoked.